A Beta-Hydroxy Acid, is a highly effective superficial peeling agent, oil reducer and pore cleanser. Salicylic is one of the most effective ingredients to combat the cause of facial oil, acne and blemishes, as well as providing an excellent rejuvenation addition and alternative to Glycolic.
- High Strength Salicylic Acid with low pH levels
- Highly effective peel for rapid skin turnover
- Most popular peel for acne and cystic scars.
"This product has done wonders for my skin in more ways than one."
- Oilslick, Fort Smith
"Very effective for breaking down dull skin cells and purifying the pores of oil and debris."
- Bronzed Diva, Maryland
Salicylic Acid, what it is and ingredients: Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid, which means it contains hydrogen and oxygen atoms. This acid is crystalline, colorless and is most widely used in cosmetics as an anti-aging cream or facial cleanser for acne. Salicylic acid is usually a skin care alternative to Glycolic acid.
How Salicylic Acid Works
Salicylic acid loosens and removes aging cells, oil and debris attached to the skin surface.
Salicylic is oil-soluble and lipophilic so it penetrates sebum filled follicles and clean out clogged pores, resulting in marked improvement in acne prone skin.
Stimulates new healthy skin cell production and increased collagen formation.
Salicylic Acid for at-home use:Salicylic Acid Peels can be used in your own home and are the same strength that the professionals use. These peels can be done in your home at a fraction of the cost.
B. How to use Salicylic Peels:
When salicylic acid is used properly, it is excellent at exfoliating without irritation. As an exfoliate for the skin, salicylic acid sheds dead cells, removes acne and rejuvenates the skin.
When it seems that normal skin care methods are not working in clearing your skin, it may be time for you to try a more intense acne product that contains salicylic acid. Salicylic acid doesn't just fight against the acne that you can see with your eyes, but it also works by penetrating your skin and peeling and removing the dead skin cells that sit on the top layer.
• Always follow individual peel instructions! Each kit includes detailed directions.
• Begin with the lowest peel strength and gradually progress to an advanced concentration.
• "Spot treat" a discriminate area of the face or neck to test for negative reactions.
• Use broad-spectrum sunscreen particularly during extended periods of sun-exposure.
• Always consider user-tolerance, skin type and skin condition
As you prepare for your facial cleansing treatment, it is good to have a solid foundation. Before you put products on your skin, you should be aware of where they come from and how they are best used. A core ingredient in many skin care products is salicylic acid, which has been proven to be effective in the treatment of acne.
As always, take into consideration the four C's of chemical peels!
Chemical: Salicylic acid would be considered a mild to moderately abrasive skin peeling agent with a very superficial to medium depth of penetration
Concentration: The salicylic acid peel ranges upward from 10%, 20% and 30%.
Condition: The salicylic acid peel is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women. Hypersensitive skin conditions (i.e.: sunburned, dermatitis-prone or infected skin) should avoid all skin peels including salicylic acid. Otherwise, the salicylic acid peel is an excellent peel treatment for acne prone, oily, congested, hyperpigmented and photodamaged skin.
Conduct: The salicylic acid peel should always be handled with care!
Salicylic acid is very beneficial in the treatment of acne by means of unclogging pores and exfoliating the skin. Because it is an organic compound, salicylic acid is a natural ingredient that will not cause skin irritation or many side effects if used properly.
It's no surprise that numerous brands in the over-the-counter facial cleanser market use products that contain salicylic acid.
Not only has salicylic acid been used to fight acne, but it is also beneficial in the treatment of oily skin, skin that appears to be aging, and skin that has been damaged by the sun.
Salicylic acid has the unique ability of not only opening clogged pores, but also preventing pores from clogging in the first place.
- Experienced users
- For acneic skin
- Highly effective Peel
- Reduces oil
- Pore cleanser
- Intermediate user
- Effective exfoliator
- Helpful peeling agent
- Combats facial oil
- Fights acne/blemishes
- New users
- Effective exfoliator
- Excellent peeling agent
- Cleanses pores
- Great starting point
- For those experienced with using Salicylic Acid in higher concentrations.
- Highly effective peeling agent, oil reducer and pore cleanser.
- Results in marked improvement for acne prone skin.
- An effective Beta Hydroxy Acid exfoliator and peeling agent.
- Combat the cause of facial oil, acne and blemishes.
- An excellent rejuvenating addition and alternative to Glycolic Acid.
- For those new to using Salicylic Acid.
- Deep pore cleansing and oil control for combo and oily skin types.
- Reduces blackheads, acne, and blemishes.
- Fades redness and discoloration from past acne.
- Deep strength skin peel for those with experience using peels.
- Will cause dramatic peeling and cell turnover.
- Do not use more than once every 2-3 weeks.
- Medium strength skin peel for next level peeling.
- Some peeling and skin flaking will occur with dramatic results.
- For best results, peel once every 2-3 weeks.
- Light strength skin peel for those new to skin peels.
- Thorough turnover without heavy skin flaking.
- Light-Medium peeling & increased cell turnover.
- Mild cleansing & exfoliation performed daily to renew, refresh & maintain your skin.
- Results are noticeable when using this kit (if used daily).
- Both acids complement each other for better, clearer blemish-free & youthful skin.